Carlos Juiz teaches the master class Introduction to Governance of IT "The arrows and the layers"
AULA 1.3 (0.180) AULARIO IV.
University of Almeria
On March 16, Carlos Juiz gave the lecture Introduction to Governance of IT "The arrows and the layers". The class, of 4 hours, belongs to the subject of the Governance of IT, within the Master International Business Administration and Languages of the University of Almeria (UAL).
The Master "International Business Administration and Languages" is an official master's degree of professional type whose general objective is to impart a solid training applied to the international management of companies and to enable the students to carry out tasks of management and commercialization in English in a communicatively effective way, as well as to perfect or to begin their knowledge of the French or German languages applied to these business activities.
The course, taught in the English itinerary, contains the following concepts:
- Importance of Information Technology (IT) for an organization.
- Information systems to support an organization.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Information systems to support the decision-making of managers.
- Information Security Management: ISO 27000.
- IT management based on standards: ISO 20000.
- E-business and Internet as a business support.
- Emerging business support technologies (social networks, cloud, mobile devices, etc.).
- The good governance of IT in an organization: ISO 38500.
- Roles and responsibilities in IT-related decision making in an organization.
- How to prioritize the most important IT projects for an organization: IT Portfolio.
- Government of IT in SMEs.
The Master is designed to develop the competencies of managers in a global business environment and is focused on the strategic planning of international operations. This training is of great interest to the main productive sectors of our environment, since all of them (tourism, agricultural sector, auxiliary industry to agriculture and sector of stone transformation) show a marked exporter profile that requires professionals with the formation that this Master offers.
Also during the talk was explained the Information Technology Governance for Tunisian Universities (ITG4TU) project whose objective is to bring together a group of researchers from four European universities (including UIB and UAL) with extensive experience in developing and deploying models of IT governance from three different countries (Spain, Germany and Norway) to develop, adapt and test a new framework of IT governance to be implemented in several Universities in Tunisia. The purpose of dissemination is to announce among the different stakeholder groups, both public and private, the activities carried out in the project in order to raise awareness of the importance of IT governance in any kind of organization.
Event date: 16/03/2017
Publication date: Mon Mar 20 10:20:00 CET 2017